Common Insulated Glass, Mirror & Custom Shower Enclosure Questions
Q. If I have foggy glass in my windows, sky-lite or patio doors, can that be repaired?
A. No, any seal failure will result in a replacement of that product. Once the urethane seal fails and moisture and dirt start to enter the insulated glass unit, there is a desiccant material in the band that will absorb moisture for a period of time. once the desiccant has absorbed all the moisture it can, the unit will start to fog up. There is no way to clean the glass or repair the glass unit. It needs to be replaced.
Q. Can I reuse an old mirror as part of a project where I am purchasing new mirrors?
A. If the old mirrors are to be used side by side with new mirrors it is really not possible to use the old mirror in that case. If the old mirror is next to the new mirror the older mirror will not be as bright as the new mirror. the metal on the back of the mirror deteriorates over time and the sheen becomes duller. If the mirror is to be used alone then you may be able to use it.
Q. I have hard water and am installing a new shower door. My old door has gotten stained from the water. Is there a way to eliminate the stains on my new door?
A. In the last 5 or 10 years, clear glass treatments have been developed which when applied to the glass it greatly reduces the maintenance requirements for the homeowner. For a nominal fee we can protect your new glass shower door from any kind of future stains.
General F.A.Q. Section
What Are your Hours?
- We are open Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, we are also available on Saturday from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Where are you Located?
- We are located in Framingham at 63 Beaver St #2, Framingham, MA 01702
Do You Provide Residential or Commercial Services?
- We provide both Residential and Commercial services for any of your insulated glass, custom mirror, or glass shower enclosure needs!
What is your service area?
- Our Service area consists of Central Massachusetts Area servicing towns such as Ashland, MA Dover, MA Framingham, MA Holliston, MA Hopkinton, MA Hudson, MA Lincoln, MA Marlborough, MA Medfield, MA Medway, MA Millis, MA Natick, MA Newton, MA Sherborn, MA Southborough, MA Sudbury, MA Wayland, MA Waltham, MA Wellesley, MA Weston, MA Westborough, MA Westwood, MA
What is the difference between a framed shower door and a frameless shower door?
- Framed shower doors are the most common option, as they are the traditional route and typically low cost. Frameless doors provide a modern and sleek look, with a 1/4 inch gap around the door.
- You need to consider what works best for shower size and bathroom overall measurements.
What shower door accessories can be installed with my new shower enclosure?
- Handles, Knobs, Towelbars, Hooks and most other accessories can be installed for your new shower enclosure.
I have very specific measurements for a custom mirror, can you help?
We certainly can! Chances are good that we can make it happen! We have installed a variety of unique custom mirrors in homes and businesses, contact us to see how we can help make your mirror dreams come true!