Many people adore the look of rustic mirrors but sometimes these unique mirrors can break the bank. Rather than hunting for the perfect antique mirror and dishing out hundreds of dollars, we can teach you how to turn your modern mirror into a distressed look.
- Purchase a mirror of your choosing.
- Take the mirror out of the frame.
- Put on gloves, a mask and eye protection. Spray paint stripper spray on the back of the mirror.
- Let the mirror sit for around 10 minutes or until dry.
- Once you notice the spray taking effect, scrape the paint off the back of the mirror with plastic scrappers.
- Spray the edges of the mirror with muriatic acid and let it settle for about an hour.
- Wipe off the excess acid with a damp cloth. Only do this when you notice the mirror looks distressed.
- Grab a grey gloss spray paint. Paint the frame and back of the mirror.
- Put the mirror back in the frame.
There are many tools and resources you can use when getting that antique style. The key is to keep it safe. Always wear protective clothing and masks to make sure you are completely protected. When you need residential or commercial mirrors in Framingham, MA and the surrounding area, contact Atlas Glass and Mirror. We offer professional glass installations and repairs at competitive prices.