There are many factors that can increase the sale value of your home, such as granite countertops, a finished basement, or a large yard. But did you know that having a shower glass enclosure can also have a positive effect on the value of your home?
- Shower glass enclosures are becoming extremely popular because everyone wants to create a spa-like feel in their bathroom. The shower is usually the focal point in a bathroom, meaning the shower glass doors are one of the most prominent features when you enter.
- Replacing a shower curtain with a shower glass enclosure gives the appearance of more room in your bathroom. When you can see all the way to the back of the shower, rather than just the shower curtain, it makes the bathroom appear as if it’s bigger. (And who doesn’t want a larger bathroom?!)
- Shower glass enclosures are less likely to grow mold and mildew than shower curtains because it grows a lot faster on vinyl than glass. Mold can grow wherever there is excessive moisture, and with the amount of moisture in a bathroom, it grows VERY quickly.
There are several options to choose from when it comes to shower glass doors:
- Sliding Glass Doors: These are perfect for larger showers in smaller bathroom spaces because they don’t take up any room when they are opened.
- Hinged Glass Doors: These can be installed with or without a frame and look nice on any shower size. While both framed and frame-less enclosures give your bathroom a larger look, frame-less tend to be valued more.
- Custom Shower Doors: Whether it’s a sliding glass door or a hinged glass door, they can be customized with a special design or even frosted or glazed. These add a little more privacy to the bathroom, which is especially great if you have children or a busy bathroom.
Here at Atlas Glass & Mirror, we offer thousands of options for shower glass doors and enclosures. Install a glass shower enclosure in your bathroom to increase the sale value of your home today! 508-879-6087